Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Anniversary





Here we are at the Seven Sisters Inn in Ocala on our first anniversary. The robes in the pictures are not ours, but I did really wish they were. When I first slipped mine on I truly thought I would buy one, that is how transformed I felt in the combination of silk and thin towel. Soon after I had this thought, I saw the polite notecard on the hanger explaining that we could indeed have them, but it would cost about three times the cost of our luxurious room, or in clearer terms, about two months of groceries. . . as I type I am in my blue cotton Target version.

Although these pictures were taken in the Egypt Room of the inn, Sumanth had chosen the adorable and quite perfect Paris room for us to stay in. Before we had even gotten settled, the owner of the Seven Sisters came by and asked how we liked the room. "Oh," I swooned, "I spent a summer in France and this is just the most charming, lovely room, I absolutely love it." She then explained that the room had been hit by lightening last week and so some of the electronic things didn't work, and since no one else was staying that night, we could either stay in Paris or upgrade to our room of choice. I quickly grabbed my suitcase and said "OK!" and left our perfect french room for the deluxe amenities of Egypt across the hall. I hope this doesn't say bad things about my character. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Emily,
This is Leo McCracken and I want to tell you that I enjoy your well written blog's.
Congradulations on your first anniversary,and may you have many more.
regards,Leo McCracken

Jodi Girden said...

i think enjoying the silk robes in the egypt room and the sweet faces you both have on says wonderful things about your character.

Anonymous said...

I never wanted a robe, let alone a silk robe, until I read this. I'm wondering what that says about my character. JG

doctorbarefoot said...

ooooh ooh, what a tremendously story book picture set of each of you in that delicious chair. perhaps Anniversary #2 will bring robes like that to go home? i certainly hope so.

Anonymous said...

Remember that time Jodi joked about the video camera in the 7 sisters inn?