Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ode to this Saturday Morning. . .

And its soft sheets and new pajamas and clear, bright sun on glossy wood floors. To its two hot cups of almond coffee and its hours stretching ahead.


Here is Sumanth working on his story, and my spot where I am reading articles about young adult literature. Below is my stack of fun books that I need to read for class; read some of the titles and try not to feel jealous that this is my homework;)



Although with the wind chill, our local temp is 19 degrees, I'm so grateful for blue skies and snow-free streets. Today is an easy Saturday; we're trading in some books at the used book store and making buffalo chicken wraps and lounging around in pajamas.

4 comments:

Jodi Girden said...

this looks like a truly wonderful saturday morning. and like one i hope we all get to experience real soon! i love that you grouped the 'color' books together. with 'beige' to read first and 'tangerine' to spice it up a little after....

Heather said...

Emily - this post made me smile. Hope you have a wonderful week ...

Katie said...

Okay,

1) Please post recipe for the wraps

2) please recommend any good books you read :)

Anonymous said...

Poor little Pigman, crushed by the inexcusable messenger and the rules of survival, to say nothing of the scrutiny of academics.