Thursday, March 6, 2008

Still Jet Lagging. . .


That's the Taj Mahal in the background!

I used to think that jet lag was a term people just threw around. . . an excuse for being tired when really they just should have slept more. Well, I've come to understand the full meaning of the word this week as every day at work feels like I've just come from a slumber party. I pretty much have to pry my eyelids open to stay awake after dinner and then around 1:00am (noon, India time) I wake up, bright-eyed and ready to get the day started. The bright eyes don't last very long.

Anyways, it's been nice to see some sunrises and think back over a really good trip and also be very glad to be home. . . Here is a link to a ton of trip pictures if you're interested and have some free time on your hands.

5 comments:

doctorbarefoot said...

ohmygoodness that tiny boy pulling his painted circle toy on wheels (a car? a french contraption? i'm unsure what that is) is a wonderful wonderful picture. that pineapple birthday cake looks...intense?

Katie said...

You took some great pictures! I love the one of the girls peeking out of the bus! Sumanth appears tohave MUCH more energy than you, though, you're right. This is why I don't travel well- I don't handle jet-lag well. I get adjusted about the time we are ready to head home.

Susanna Powers said...

Thanks for posting these beautiful photos so quickly. love, sussah

Heather said...

Emily -

I loved looking through your India pictures and reading all of the little captions to go along with them. I do hope you'll recover from the "lag" soon though!

HB

Brooke said...

i loved the photo of you and Sumanth by the yellow taxi car. you looked ready for taxi-adventures..sumanth looked like he was waiting for the parrots to be excited